Monday 7 February 2011

On branding.


Last week I had the honour of receiving some free gifts to give to my lovely girlfriend, courtesy of Bordelle...I was ecstatic! Anyway, the above is the packaging. It's half box and half paper bag with a beautiful ribbon that ties through from the back. Gotta love minimalism.

I think what I love most about their branding is that it's very unassuming. It seems quite relevant to lingerie in that you don't want to give too much away; sometimes the less you see of the body the more attractive it becomes and I think this idea is translated into their branding and packaging quite well.
Also I think that their logo fits in with the slight 'bondage' theme that some of the garments have.
The thorny logo, which demonstrates the 'harder' side of the designs, has been juxtaposed next to a soft, feminine bow...the body?

Anyway, read into it what you will, that's just my first impression.


An admittedly terrible photo of the S/S and A/W 2011 lookbooks. I love the simplicity and consistency of the branding at Bordelle although I must say, I am definitely not keen on the typeface used in the company logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment