Monday 7 February 2011

Q&A With Pia Conaghan at Bordelle

Sorry for the lack of posts of late. Here's something...
  • Where did you study?
LCF (foundation & BA degree)
  • Did you do many internships whilst you were studying or after graduating? If so where?

While studying I did a paid internship with Joules. After graduating I interned with Felder Felder for 1 season. I then interned with Bordelle for 2 months before they took me on as a Studio Assistant.

  • How long have you worked at Bordelle?

I began interning with Bordelle in March 2010 and since then I have progressed to Design/Production Assistant

  • What does your job entail?

Assisting the designer, designing leather accessories, liaising with (and occasionally visiting) the factories, sending out orders (online and wholesale)

  • What do you find

-most enjoyable

Having a creative input as well as the fact that every day is different. Overall my favourite thing is coming up with new ideas for the accessories.

-least enjoyable about your job?

Regularly having to work under lots of pressure.

  • Do you feel you are where you hoped to be post graduation are were you expecting more/less?

It has certainly taken a while to get to the point where I feel I am able to use the skills I learnt at uni but right now I am very happy with my position within Bordelle.

  • Is there a designer/company that you have ever "dreamt" of working for?

I’ve always admired the work of Chloe in particular so I would love to work there, but since being with Bordelle my attention have been turned towards lingerie, mainly because I see it as growing industry with lots of potential for innovative design.

  • Having worked for a company like Bordelle, do you feel more or less likely to want to have your own business?

I would defiantly like to have my own business one day but I realise that there is much more I need to learn before doing this, although working alongside the director (Alex) I have learnt lots about the industry.

I’m always designing in my free time and I’d love to get my ideas out there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment